Phone number: +44 (0)1223 334370
Professor Oren Scherman PhD
Oren Scherman is a Professor in Chemistry and studies dynamic supramolecular self-assembly at interfaces.
Oren Scherman’s research focuses on dynamic supramolecular self-assembly at interfaces though the application of macrocyclic host-guest chemistry using cucurbit[n]urils in the development of novel supramolecular systems.
Various topics of research in his group include:
- Synthetic organic and polymer chemistry
- Functional nanosystems
- Dynamic supramolecular assemblies and hydrogels
- Stimuli-responsive materials
- Hierarchical self-assembly
- Supramolecular catalysis
- Drug-delivery systems.
- BA Chemistry (summa cum laude), Cornell University, 1999.
- PhD Chemistry, California Institute of Technology, 2004.
Awards and prizes
- Corday Morgan Prize 2018 (RSC).
- Covestro Lectures 2017 (Cornell University).
- Aldrich Lecture Award 2016.
- Cram Lehn Pedersen Prize in Supramolecular Chemistry 2014.
- Bob Hay Lecture Award 2014.
- Hickinbottom Award 2013 (RSC).
- McBain Medal 2013 (SCI).
- Harrison-Meldola Memorial Prize 2009 (RSC).
- Walters-Kundert Next Generation Fellowship 2006.
Wine, travel, hiking, languages.