The Quincentenary Library is the College's working library. We have over 60,000 books and other resources covering most of the taught courses in the University.
You can find us in Library Court on the main College site. We're open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are lots of different areas to sit and study, and we have WiFi internet access throughout the whole building.
The library team are here to help you make the best use of the library and all its resources. Our office is open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am - 12pm and 2 - 5pm
- Friday 9am - 12pm and 2 - 4pm.
Around Christmas and over the summer the library and library office are sometimes closed for cleaning, please look out for notices.
"I am very happy with the Jesus College library and find it well stocked with relevant reading material to geography. For the most part, books featured on our reading lists can be found in the Quincentenary Library.
"The atmosphere of the library is one that is conducive to work, the Kwok room is an excellent facility and the librarians are approachable, knowledgeable and helpful."
Our team consists of:
- Rhona Watson, Quincentenary Librarian
- Chris Barker, Deputy Librarian
- Alex Perkins and Adam Williams, Library Assistants
- Library Invigilators who work out of office hours during term.
The Kwok Computer Room on the ground floor of the library building is also open round the clock.
The Webb Library is based in West Court; it is not part of the Quincentenary Library.
You can email:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for IT support and queries about computers or internet access.
- email@example.com for queries or to make an appointment to use the Archives.
- firstname.lastname@example.org for queries or to make an appointment to visit the Old Library.
About the building
The Quincentenary Library was designed by the architects Evans and Shalev, and was officially opened by the Queen in March 1996 to commemorate the 500 year anniversary of the foundation of Jesus College.