Mr John Cornwell
John Cornwell is a journalist, author, and academic. Since 1990 he has directed the Science and Human Dimension Project.
John Cornwell's academic interests include:
- Public understanding of science
- Ethics in the public space
- History and philosophy of contemporary neuroscience
- Science and religion
- Modern papal history.
MA English Language and Literature, Oxford 1966.
Awards and prizes
- Honorary Doctor of Letters, University of Leicester and Newman University College.
- Gold Dagger Award (non fiction), 1983.
- ITA award for Religious Journalism, 1994.
- Science and Medical Network Book of the Year Award, 2005.
- Shortlist Specialist Journalist of the Year (National Press Awards, 2006.
- Shortlist PEN/Ackerley Award for best literary memoir, 2007.
The art of investigative journalism, creative writing, especially memoir.