Professor Jean Bacon
Jean Bacon is Emeritus Professor of Distributed Systems.
Jean Bacon's academic interests include:
- Distributed systems
- Concurrency control
- Access control
- Information flow control
- Software architecture and middleware for sensor-based applications such as transport, healthcare, and pollution monitoring.
- BSc, London, Maths, 1963.
- MSc, CNAA, Computer Science, 1972.
- PhD, CNAA, Computer Science, 1982.
- Honorary Doctorate, Open University 2014.
From the 1980s I have led the Opera Research Group at the Department of Computer Science and Technology, with focus on the design and deployment of open, large scale, widely distributed systems.
I am an Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and British Computer Society Fellow, and served on the governing body of the IEEE Computer Society from 2002 to 2007.
Natural history, walking, art, painting.
Publications, links and resources
See a list of Jean Bacon's publications on the Department of Computer Science and Technology website.