Fellows’ China Day
The event provided an opportunity to appreciate the wide range of activities involving academics of the College and their counterparts in China.
The speakers were:
- Professor Ian White (1977) (photonics)
- Professor Simon Redfern (Earth and environment in East Asia)
- Professor Peter Williamson (China-UK global issues dialogue)
- Professor Lord Renfrew (Liangzhu culture)
- Dr Siddarth Saxena (China, Central Asia and Cambridge)
- Dr Jana Howlett (Personal recollections of China since the 1960s)
- Professor Marie-Louise Sørensen (Yangshao Culture)
- Professor John Thompson (Collaborative initiatives with China)
- Dr Julian Huppert (Yidan Prize)
- Professor Peter Nolan (China and the West: Crossroads of Civilisation).
Both speakers and other academics attending the event expressed their interest in finding out about the collaborations other colleagues had with Chinese individuals and institutions.
It is hoped that the Fellows’ China Day will become an annual College event.