Academic student and visiting programmes
The Intellectual Forum offers a range of programmes for visiting students, which act as an extension of their studies at a home institution, or offer an introduction to the British and Cambridge higher education environment.
We offer bespoke programmes tailored to your students that can be as short as half a day, or as long as several weeks. These programmes can be in-person, blended, or entirely online. They are designed to complement a student’s degree programme or to extend it to include content unique to the UK.
Past programmes have ranged from generalist programmes covering a range of subjects on offer in the University to programmes for postgraduate pharmacists and medical students that extend their degree studies with focused, expert led lectures and workshops, delivered by academics, professionals and industry speakers. We draw on the extensive expertise in the College and University, as well as experts from the City of Cambridge and around the UK, to deliver enriching content and programmes of learning.
We can also arrange a variety of visits and tours for those programmes taking place in the College to complement the academic content we offer. Past programmes have featured talks on opportunities for postgraduate study and careers in the UK, guided visits to Cambridges historical and industrial landmarks like the Polar Museum, The Fitzwilliam Museum, the Institute for Manufacturing, the Cambridge Science Park, various manor houses, the UK Parliament, “Big Ben”, The British Museum, Windsor Castle, and Stratford-upon-Avon.
We can work with the home institutions and external providers to offer programmes that are not part of any degree-awarding activities or can work with partners to support the home institution accrediting our learning. While the University of Cambridge and Jesus College does not matriculate participants of these programmes as College Members, participants can experience teaching and learning in the Cambridge setting and we can include certificates of participation.
Past participants in our programmes have commented:
"We have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from the students that the lectures and activities were intentionally structured in such a culturally responsive way to give students a holistic experience in Cambridge. The students loved the interactions with the instructors and peers and were driven to learn more every day there. I appreciate this collaboration with Jesus College that we could offer students exposure to other cultures and educational experiences. Nothing makes me happier than seeing our students truly benefited from this experience and continue to improve and thrive after their return. I want to thank this program for making such a significant impact on the students, and I look forward to our next visit!" - Yujing, programme leader, 2019-2020
- "My experience in Cambridge was unique and wonderful. I was able to immerse myself in the local academic environment and learn new things every day. The instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful. I noticed my English greatly improved, in terms of both verbal and written communication, and I developed critical skills in independent thinking and team collaboration. I am very grateful for an opportunity like this, and I wish I could visit again soon." - Student, 2020
- "I really gained a lot from this class. I am very grateful to the school for giving us access to the teachers at Cambridge University and their teaching methods. Every lecture enabled me to learn knowledge in different fields, which really benefited me a lot!" - Student, 2022
- "In this workshop, I broadened my horizons and improved my English skills, and got a deeper understanding of cross-cultural communication." - Student, 2020
- "It’s a unique platform where we can combine our knowledge and interest to think outside our comfort zone, sparking something valuable, and inspiring, and having an impact on the future." - Student, 2020
- "This workshop cultivated my global perspective and open mindset, meaning that I learned a lot not only related to my major but also knowledge I never got to know before. It was a very good experience." - Student, 2020
Intellectual Forum Online Keynote Programme, 2023
The Intellectual Forum has designed a bespoke four-lecture programme for students and faculty from around the world, dealing with topical...Find out more
Intellectual Forum "Discovering Connections: A Cultural Diversity and Interdisciplinary Programme", 2023
The Intellectual Forum is hosting a fully in-person undergraduate programme in 2023, which included a range of interdisciplinary talks, exclusive...Find out more
Intellectual Forum "Unleash Your Inner Entrepreneur Innovation Immersion Programme", 2023
The Intellectual Forum is delighted to be offering a programme for undergraduate innovation and entrepreneurship students. This is a tailored...Find out more
Intellectual Forum Online Winter School Programme, 2023
The Intellectual Forum is pleased be hosting a fully online academic programme in winter 2023, which will include a range...Find out more
Intellectual Forum Online Summer School Programme, 2022
In 2022, the Intellectual Forum hosted a fully online summer school programme that included a range of interdisciplinary talks drawing...Find out more
Intellectual Forum Global Learning and Engagement Workshop, 2021
The Intellectual Forum held a fully online summer academic programme in 2021, which which included a range of interdisciplinary talks...Find out more
Intellectual Forum In-Person Undergraduate Programme, 2020
The Intellectual Forum hosted a fully in-person undergraduate programme in 2020, which included a range of interdisciplinary talks, exclusive tours...Find out more