Dr Walter Federle
Walter Federle is a University Reader in Comparative Biomechanics, studying mechanical adaptations of animals and plants.
Walter Federle's academic interests include:
- Functional morphology, biomechanics, and evolutionary ecology of animals and plants
- Insect-plant interactions, bio-adhesion, functional surfaces of organisms.
- Diploma Music (Violin), Musikhochschule Würzburg, 1995.
- Diploma Biology, Universität Würzburg, 1994.
- PhD, Zoology, Universität Würzburg, 1998.
- Habilitation, Zoology, Universität Würzburg, 2004.
Awards and prizes
- Fellow of the ‘Young Academy’ at the BBAW and Leopoldina (Germany).
- ‘Emmy Noether’ Award of the DFG.
Music (violin), hill walking, travelling, games, family.
Publications, links and resources
See a full list of Walter Federle's publications.