Professor Tim Wilkinson
Tim is a Professor in Electrical Engineering, with a side interest in Lego.
Tim Wilkinson's academic interests include:
- Liquid crystal photonics, devices, displays, and telecommunications
- Optical processing techniques
- Optical communications
- Spatial optics
- Optical pattern recognition and holography
- Nanophotonic devices, metasurfaces, and 3D displays.
- BEng Hons, University of Canterbury, New Zealand.
- PhD, Magdalene College, University of Cambridge.
Awards and prizes
- ILCS Mid-Career award.
- Hilsum Medal from the BLCS.
Dance music (DJing), drum and bass, Lego, food and wine, record collecting (especially Genesis), New Zealand culture, small hold farming, and keeping horses. Did I mention Lego?
Publications, links and resources
See a full list of Tim Wilkinson's publications.