Professor Stuart Clarke
Stuart Clarke is a Professor in the Chemistry Department and the Institute for Energy and Environmental Flows, and a Director of Studies at Jesus College.
Stuart Clarke's research centres on molecules at surfaces and explores how molecules can help in a variety of areas from new forms of energy storage (supercapacitors) to trying to catch and inactivate the coronavirus. His academic interests include colloids, surfaces, interfaces and polymers. He runs a mainly experimental group using lab based methods as well as synchrotron and neutron scattering at the world's leading international facilities.
- BA Hons Natural Science, Chemistry at University College, Oxford University.
- MA at University College, Oxford University.
- DPhil, Chemistry at University College, Oxford University.
- PhD, University of Cambridge.
Awards and prizes
- Pilkington Teaching Prize, 2008.
- Chartered Physicist, Member of the Institute of Physics.
- Chartered Chemist, Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Family, music, running, making toys and cosplay costumes.