Dr Siân Stinchcombe PhD FRCP
Siân Stinchcombe is a Consultant Physician in Respiratory Medicine at Addenbrooke's Hospital and a Fellow of Jesus College.
Siân Stinchcombe's academic interests include:
- Lung development
- Regenerative medicine
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- MA, Cantab.
- BM BCh, Oxon.
- PhD, London, FRCP.
Awards and prizes
- Medical Research Council Clinical Research Training Fellowship.
- Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travel Fellowship.
- Hobson Memorial Scholarship, University of Oxford Medical School.
- Foundation Scholarship, Jesus College, University of Cambridge.
- Foundation Exhibition, Jesus College, University of Cambridge.
- Duckworth Prize for Medical Sciences, Jesus College, University of Cambridge.
- Perrett Prize for Medical Sciences, Jesus College, University of Cambridge.
Dr Stinchcombe began her medical training as an undergraduate at Jesus College, Cambridge and qualified as a doctor at Oxford Medical School. She then trained as a junior doctor in Oxford, Bath, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tauranga (New Zealand), and on the North West Thames Specialist Registrar Training Rotation in London.
In 2005 she gained a Medical Research Council Clinical Research Training Fellowship and spent three years conducting laboratory research into alveolar regeneration to complete a PhD with Professor Malcolm Maden at King's College London.
In 2010 Dr Stinchcombe was appointed as a consultant in Respiratory Medicine at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, where she continues to pursue clinical interests in tuberculosis and COPD and participates actively in undergraduate and postgraduate education.
Photography, road cycling.
Publications, links and resources
- Clayton L., Stinchcombe S.V., Johnson M.H. (1993). Cell surface localisation and stability of uvomorulin during early mouse embryo development Zygote 1, pp 333-344.
- Stinchcombe S.V., Maden M. (2008). Retinoic Acid-induced Alveolar Regeneration: Critical Differences in Strain Sensitivity. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 38, pp 185-191.
- Hind M., Gilthorpe A., Stinchcombe S., Maden M. (2009). Retinoid induction of alveolar regeneration: from mice to man? Thorax 64, pp 451-457.
- Hind M., Stinchcombe S. (2009). Palovarotene, a novel retinoid acid receptor g agonist for the treatment of emphysema. Current Opinion in Investigational Drugs, 10 (11), pp 1243-50.
- Hind M., Stinchcombe S. (2010) Molecular induction of alveolar regeneration. In: Cell Therapy for Lung Disease, ed, Dame J. Polak, London: Imperial College Press.
- Török M.E., ReuterS., BryantJ., KöserC.U., StinchcombeS.V., NazarethB., EllingtonM.J., BentleyS.D., SmithG.P., ParkhillJ., PeacockS.J. (2013). Rapid whole genome sequencing for investigation of a suspected tuberculosis outbreak. J Clin Microbiol. 51(2), p 611.