Phone number: +44 (0)1223 339424
Professor Peter Williamson
Peter Williamson is Professor of International Management and Director of Studies in Management Studies, and the Chair of the UK-China Global Issues Dialogue Centre at Jesus College.
Peter Williamson's academic interests include:
- Chinese business
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic alliances
- Sustainable energy.
- BA Hons Economics.
- PhD Business Economics, Harvard.
Awards and prizes
- Knox Memorial Fellow, Harvard University
- Fulbright Scholar
- Lloyds Insurance Tercentenary Research Award
- Sloan-Pricewaterhouse Coopers Award honouring those articles that have contributed to the enhancement of management practice
- Emerald Citation of Excellence for 2015 and 2019
- Fellow of the Academy of International Business.
Peter divides his time between research, teaching, and consulting on multinationals (with a special interest in emerging market firms), mergers and acquistions, business ecosystem innovation, and serving as non executive director of several companies spanning financial services through to green energy.
He has been visiting China regularly since 1983, working with multinationals, joint ventures, and Chinese companies venturing abroad to develop international strategies and organisation structures, and to integrate acquisitions. He is the author of nine books and over 50 journal articles.
Expeditions to remote areas, walking, sailing, food and wine, history of trade.