Phone number: +44 (0)1223 335017
Phone number: +44 (0)1223 762628
Mrs Maren de Vincent-Humphreys
Maren de Vincent-Humphreys’ main interest lies in the student’s agency of language learning, following a sociocultural approach.
Maren de Vincent-Humphreys’ academic interests include:
- Sociocultural theory
- Theories of independent learning
- Language acquisition
- Virtual learning environment.
- Dipl. Reg.-wiss. (LA), University of Cologne, 2005 (Diploma in Regional Studies of Latin America).
- Master of Arts, University of Hamburg, 2010 (Master in Second Language Acquisition).
- PGCTLHE, University of Cambridge, 2017 (Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education).
Awards and prizes
- DAAD scholarship for teaching German as a foreign language at the USP, Brazil, 2006.
- DAAD scholarship for concluding a master thesis at the FGV in São Paulo, Brazil, 2009.
Maren de Vincent-Humphreys’ interest in language was first sparked while teaching German in Southern Brazil during her social service year, when she also taught music. After this she went on to study Latin American Studies and Second Language Acquisition Research at the University of Cologne, as well as at the University of Hamburg. While at the University of Hamburg, she also worked on the research projects of the Collaborative Research Centre for Multilingualism.
Maren de Vincent-Humphreys possesses many years' experience teaching German as a Foreign Language, including inter alia at the University of São Paulo, the Goethe-Institut in Hamburg as well as the University of Cambridge. She is currently working on a PhD about agency and the language learner.
Travel, learning languages, horse riding, sailing (in good weather), music (cello) and books.