Phone number: +44 (0)1223 339496
Professor Geoff Parks
Geoff Parks is a Professor of Nuclear Engineering at the University of Cambridge.
Geoff Parks' academic interests include:
- Computational design
- Multiobjective optimisation
- Nuclear reactor design and simulation
- In-core nuclear fuel management
- Future nuclear systems
- Thorium-based nuclear fuel cycles.
- BA Engineering, University of Cambridge, 1984.
- PhD Nuclear Engineering, University of Cambridge, 1989.
Awards and prizes
- Pilkington Teaching Prize, 2003.
Geoff Parks received his BA in Engineering in 1984 and his PhD in Nuclear Engineering in 1989, both from the University of Cambridge. He is now a Reader in Nuclear Engineering at Cambridge. He served as the College’s sciences admissions tutor from 1997 to 2007 and Senior Tutor from 2012 to 2022. He was Director of Admissions for the Cambridge Colleges from 2003 to 2012.
Music (especially progressive rock), English bull terriers, cricket, American football.
Publications, links and resources
You can find a full list of books, papers, and articles by Geoff Parks on the Department of Engineering website.