Dr Emily Camm
"My research involves investigating the effects of adverse prenatal conditions, such as maternal obesity and a reduction in oxygen (hypoxia), on the structure and function of the brain and placenta of the offspring."
Emily Camm's research interests include:
- The potential mechanisms that may underlie the programming of neurological dysfunction, with the aim of developing novel clinical interventions to treat both the mother and baby;
- Factors that regulate brain development, with a focus on understanding the causes and consequences of compromised pregnancies on cerebral development and long term health of the offspring.
- BSc University of Melbourne, Australia.
- BSc (Hons) Monash University, Australia.
- PhD Monash University, Australia.
Photography, life drawing, and travelling.