Phone number: +44 (0)1223 764856
Professor Duncan Kelly
Duncan Kelly is a Professor of Political Thought and Intellectual History. His research explores intellectual history and political theory, particularly of the second half of the 19th century and the early 20th century.
Duncan Kelly's academic interests include the following areas:
- Intellectual history
- The history of modern political and economic ideas
- Various issues in political theory.
He is currently writing across three main topics:
- The intellectual history of the First World War
- Global histories of political thought since 1848
- Political judgment, political theory and the Anthropocene.
- BA Hons, Glasgow Caledonian.
- MA, York.
- PhD, Sheffield.
Reading and collecting books, music and art, various sports (especially squash), languages, and travel.