Dr Stephen Hladky
Stephen Hladky is Emeritus Reader in Membrane Pharmacology and an Emeritus Fellow of Jesus College.
Stephen Hladky's academic interests include:
- Ion transporters
- ABC transporters
- Blood-brain barrier.
- Ion transport in malaria parasites.
Hill walking, travel, photography.
Publications, links and resources
- Hladky, S.B. and Rink, T.J. (1986) Body Fluid and Kidney Physiology. London: Edward Arnold.
- Hladky, S.B. (1990) Pharmacokinetics. Manchester: Manchester University Press.
- Aitken, M., Broadhurst, B. and Hladky, S. (2010) Mathematics for Biological Scientists. New York: Garland Science.
- Hladky, S. B. and M. A. Barrand (2014). Mechanisms of fluid movement into, through and out of the brain: evaluation of the evidence. Fluids and Barriers of the CNS 11(1): 26.
- Hladky, S. B. and M. A. Barrand (2016). Fluid and ion transfer across the blood–brain and blood–cerebrospinal fluid barriers; a comparative account of mechanisms and roles. Fluids and Barriers of the CNS 13: 19.
- Hladky, S.B. and M. A. Barrand (2018) Elimination of substances from the brain parenchyma: efflux via perivascular pathways and via the blood–brain barrier. Fluids and Barriers of the CNS 15: 30.
For a full list of Stephen Hladky's publications see PubMed.