Dr John Adkins FInstP
John Adkins is an Emeritus Fellow and formerly Director of Studies in Physics.
John Adkins' academic interests include:
- Electronic properties of disordered materials
- Metal insulator transitions
- Quantum corrections to conductivity
- Tunnelling phenomena
- Hopping transport
- Low temperature physics
- MA, University of Cambridge.
- PhD, University of Cambridge.
Awards and prizes
- Darton Prize.
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow of the Institute of Physics.
- Member of the American Institute of Physics.
Playing the oboe, the west coast of Scotland, family, practical things, and, with my wife, learning to be retired.
Publications, links and resources
- Books: Equilibrium Thermodynamics, Thermal Physics, both Cambridge University Press.
- Many papers in scientific journals.