Professor Barry Rider
Barry Rider is a Professorial Fellow, Centre for Development Studies, University of Cambridge.
Barry Rider's academic interests include:
- Corporate law
- Comparative law
- Development studies
- Financial law.
- LLB Hons, University of London.
- MA, University of Cambridge.
- PhD, University of London.
- PhD, University of Cambridge.
- Barrister at Law, England and Wales.
- LLD, honoris causa,Dickinson Law School, Penn State University, USA.
- LLD, honoris causa, University of the Free State, South Africa.
- Wenlan Scholarship Chair, Ministry of Education, China.
- Honorary Senior Fellow, School of Advanced Study (IALS), University of London.
- Honorary Professor of Law, University of the Free State.
- Honrary Fellow, Centre for Criminology, University of Hong Kong.
- Honorary Senior Fellow, Society for Advanced Legal Studies.
- Honorary Professor of Law, State Prosecutors University, China.
- Honorary Professor of Law, Centre for International Criminal Justice, Beijing Normal University.
- Honrary Professor of Public Law, Centre for the Rule of Law, Zhongang University, China.
Awards and prizes
- Drapers Company Prize for Excellence, LLB examination.
- Inns of Court Prize, First in Order of Merit, Bar Examinations.
- Morrit Prize for Judicial Scholarship.
- Master of the Bench of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple.
- Retired Fellow, Jesus College, (Fellow and sometime Tutor, 1976 to 2002).
- Director, Chairman and founder of the Cambridge Symposium on Economic Crime.
- Professor of Law, former Director of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London.
- Professor of English Law, BPP University.
- Past Master, Worshipful company of Pattenmakers in the City of London and a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Educators.
- Full and Permanent Professor of Comparative Law, Renmin University, China.
- Honorary Adviser on Strategy and Development, Law School, Renmin University, China.
- General Editor of the Company Lawyer.
- General Editor of the Journal of Financial Crime.
- General Editor, Amicus Curiae.
- General Editor, International and Comparative Corporate Law Journal.
- General Editor of the Journal of Money Laundering Control and Amicus Curiae.