Professor Anna Vignoles
Anna Vignoles is a Professor of Education and Director of Research at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge. She is a Fellow of the British Academy (FBA) and a trustee of the Nuffield Foundation.
Anna Vignoles' academic interests include:
- Economics of education
- Socioeconomic inequalities
- Economic efficiency
- Quantitative research methods.
Anna studies inequalities in education access and achievement and has published widely on widening participation into higher education and on the socioeconomic gap in pupil achievement.
- BA Economics with Politics, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, First Class Honours Degree.
- PhD in Economics, University of Newcastle.
- Trustee of The Nuffield Foundation.
- Member of the ESRC Peer Review College and the ESRC Research Committee.
- Member of the advisory board of the Sutton Trust.
- Associate Editor, Education Economics and the Cambridge Journal of Education.
Anna uses large scale data, including administrative data, to study pupil achievement and outcomes after leaving education.
Publications, links and resources
A list of Anna's publications can be found on the Faculty of Education website.