West Court campaign
The creation of West Court marks an exciting new chapter in our history.
With the help of generous supporters we have created a new court at the heart of our historic community. West Court provides:
- Improved facilities to help us attract the best students: a large social centre, including a new café-bar, undergraduate and graduate common rooms, and a dedicated student events space.
- An academic centre consisting of The Frankopan Hall: a multifunctional lecture hall seating 180, a suite of meeting and interactive rooms of various sizes- all equipped with state of the art video communication facilities- and offices for research staff.
- Accommodation for visiting scholars.
- The Laura Case Medical Teaching Suite: a brand new dedicated teaching facility for our medical students.
- West Court is also home to our new Intellectual Forum as well the Cambridge Peking University China Centre.
By providing much-needed extra space and up-to-date facilities West Court is benefitting students, Fellows, staff, alumni, friends of the College, and visiting scholars from around the world.
Where are we now?
We launched our campaign for West Court in April 2015 and we're delighted to have raised £13 million so far. Bringing our plans for West Court to fruition has proved to be one of the most important projects in the College’s history, and we're hugely grateful for the widespread support we have received from our alumni and friends.
The transformation of the former Wesley House into West Court was completed this summer. The impact that this new court is having on College life is already clear. Undergraduates and graduates are not only enjoying their new social spaces but also making full use of the academically-oriented facilites and rooms.
Make a donation
Although West Court is now complete, it is still possible to give to the campaign. Every gift, large or small, is of genuine significance to the project. Please make a donation today to leave your mark on the College. Your name will be recorded in a public space on the new building, along with other donors to the campaign.
There are several ways to give:
Giving from outside the UK
- Make a donation online, making sure to designate your gift for “my college” specifying Jesus College’s West Court Campaign in the free text box.
- Alternatively, please download and print this donation form to give in a tax efficient manner from the United States.
Canada and rest of the world
If you would like to give tax-efficiently from Canada, please let the Development Office know so that they can send you a University receipt acceptable to the Canadian tax authorities once your gift has been processed.